Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Gustav 2 - MFT Happy Hippos Shaker card


Aaand - I'm back with another birthday card! Can't get enough of those, can we? And also - we have a lot of birthdays in August amongst friends and family, so the creation part of me is always thinking about card themes and how to combine stamp sets and so on this time of year.

As much as I love the Adorable Elephants from MFT, I must say that the new Happy Hippos also qualify to a spot on the top of my favorite stamp-set list...! They are just so cute - and a big thank you to Scrapfabriken in Sweden who carry the new MFT stamps and dies!

So on to the specific, nerdy stuff:
The background was made using a mixture of Distress Inks and Oxides. The clouds were made using the wonderful Stitched Cloud dies from Lawn Fawn. I added the clouds' faces using stamps from Lawn Fawn's Plane and simple stamp set and for the cheeks I used Distress Oxide ink in Worn Lipstick.

The balloon shaker part is a die set from MFT (My favorite things). The little pouch that fits the balloon die is sold separately, I think. The hippo and the birds are from the "Happy Hippos" stamp set - also from MFT. The pink balloon I borrowed from a Mama Elephant stamp set called "Spread Happiness".

All the critters are colored in with Copic Sketch Markers:
Hippo: C5-3-1, R20
Hat and Bowtie: BG09, BG57, BG13 and B91
Birds: Y02-08-19, YG23
Balloon: RV25-23, R20

At the bottom I used some striped washi tape and the letters to spell out my nephew's name "Gustav" were die cut with Lawn Fawn letter dies using some teal card stock. Eyes on the critters were enhanced by using some Nuvo Drops in "Ebony black" and of course there are some details with Glossy Accents and Wink of Stella as well. Wouldn't be the same without it!

Please leave a comment if you like what you see! You can also find me on Instagram: @designbyhektor.

Below you can find links to the supplies I've used - ones that still are available for purchase, that is :-) 
Affiliated links used when possible at no cost for you...!



No comments: